Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Best Ever Banana Bread



 I don't know one person who doesn't like banana bread.  I also don't know anyone who ALWAYS eats all of their bananas before they start to brown.  When my bananas start to brown I usually peal and bag them and throw them in the freezer.  That way I am not wasting and I always have them on hand for smoothies or banana bread. 
  My dear friend Jenna is partial to this recipe and has called me several times for the recipe (you should write it down buddy!)  When she delivered her third baby I knew just what I needed to bring her in the hospital.  A good loaf of banana bread.  I brought it to her the next morning and together we ate the WHOLE loaf!! 
  I think there are two ingredients that set this recipe apart from the normal recipe.  Buttermilk and instant vanilla pudding (and don't forget real butter).  The pudding makes the bread super moist and the buttermilk adds a rich dimension to the flavor. 

  I always make 2 loaves when baking this recipe but this time I made one loaf and 24 mini muffins.  I thought the muffins would be easier to eat in the car on a fun girls shopping weekend to Chicago!  I do have to say that I like the bread better.  Although I do like butter I thought the butter flavor was more prominent in the muffins.  I had a little help scooping the muffins from my nephew.  (I think he just kept dipping his finger in for a lick.) 





This recipe is from the same cookbook I got the Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe from.

Best Ever Banana Bread

3/4 C. butter
1 1/2 C. sugar
2 eggs
3 bananas mashed
1/2 C. buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 C. flour
1 package instant vanilla pudding (not large size)

Preheat oven to 350*.  Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.  Beat in eggs then add bananas.  In separate bowl combine flour, salt, soda and powder.  Add flower mixture and buttermilk alternately to the banana mixture.  Mix well after each addition.  I usually alternate 4 times.  Add pudding and mix well.  Nuts are optional.  Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake for 60-70 minutes. 

*My favorite is eating the end piece about 20 minutes after it comes out of the oven.  It is still warm and nice and crispy on the edge but soft and moist on the inside. 



No comments:

Post a Comment