Friday, November 16, 2012

Homemade Bathroom Cleaner

I really thought that all of my posts were going to be food related.  Since I have discovered Pinterest I have indulged in a new passion, making cleaning products from mostly natural products I already have in the home.  I figured I can cut down on costs as well as all the toxic stuff that is going down the drain!  I started with powdered laundry soap.  I LOVE it!!!  I will post the recipe when I need to make another batch.  The one product I am totally crazy about is my bathroom cleaner.  I have seen it posted all over Pinterest but found the recipe on www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com.  I am in love with her blog and have found some wonderful ideas that I know I will be trying.  This one is very simple and there is no scrubbing involved.  My favorite kind of cleaning!!

The recipe for this cleaner is 1 part Dawn dish soap and 2 parts vinegar.  The original recipe I found called for the original blue Dawn but I had a purple hand renewal and it worked great.  Use what you have on hand.  As you can see I mixed them right in my old spray cleaner bottle.  No waste.  Spray cleaner in tub/shower and let sit for 30min. to an hour.  Then simple wipe with a wet cloth.  I use microfiber.  It can be a little soapy so a good rinse may be needed.  It was amazing how the soap scum just came right off!  I also use this for my bathroom sink and counter.  Vinegar has strong antibacterial properties so it is great for cleaning in the bathroom and kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment